Rick Neral brings 20 years of creative experience to the role of Art Director at Blue Hippo. Rick serves as the primary “vision-keeper” for Blue Hippo projects. He is responsible for overseeing the team’s themed scenic efforts from fabrication to installation to ensure they stay true to the creative and strategic goals of each client and project.
Rick’s professional talents include sculpting, molding and casting, fiberglass, automotive finishes, and custom paint, among others. His acute attention to detail has proven essential when working with client art direction and intellectual property during shop visits and buyoffs. And as a strong operations professional and problem solver, Rick leverages his industry knowledge and experience to closely manage the team, environment, equipment, and processes in order to meet the demanding expectations of both Blue Hippo and our clients.
Rick graduated with a degree in Industrial Design from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Rick has worked on many theme park projects throughout central Florida and around the globe including:
- Velocicoaster | Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- The Bourne Stuntacular | Universal Studios Florida
- Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Jungle Cruise | Disney Magic Kingdom
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter | Universal Orlando, Hollywood, and Japan
- Nintendo World | Universal Studios Japan
- Cobra's Curse | SeaWorld Orlando
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort | Orlando, FL
- SpongeBob StorePants | Universal Studios Florida
- The Simpsons Ride | Universal’s Studios Florida
- Penguin Encounter | Sea World Orlando